QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FOUNDATION?

Ron Kassies 

chair@thehealingcycle.ca

416-845-1826

Charitable Registration Number: 802850875RR0001

CONTACT US

The Healing Cycle Foundation 

1470 Hurontario Street, Suite 200

Mississauga, ON L5G 3H4​

How Do We Support Hospice Palliative Care?

The Healing Cycle Foundation supports hospices and palliative care organizations across Ontario. We support these organizations through the Healing Cycle Ride. Any hospice palliative care organization that wants to raise money through our annual Healing Cycle Ride can enter a team. 85% of the funds raised by each hospice palliative care team will go directly back to its organization. The other 15% will be used to cover the online banking and credit card fees as well as administrative and ride costs.

The Healing Cycle Foundation funds and empowers the hospice palliative care community and champions the right of all Canadians to dignity, compassion and quality in end-of-life care.

 

Our aim is to support hospice palliative care programs that compassionately uphold the quality of end-of-life care and foster the vision that palliative individuals can live every day to the fullest with dignity, meaning and hope. 

 

We believe in whole-person care, where services are provided within a seamless, integrated community of physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual support.

 

Through the outreach initiatives of our Foundation, we support accessibility of hospice palliative care services with the hope that one day it will be made available to all Canadians travelling the end-of-life journey.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.26.30 PM.png

Click to Read the Report!

Community Investments

Thanks to the generosity of thousands of supporters, The Healing Cycle Foundation has to date raised more than $2.8 million to support hospice palliative care programs throughout Ontario!

2019 Investments

  •  Bethell Hospice

  •  Carpenter Hospice

  •  Dorothy Ley Hospice

  •  Evergreen Hospice

  •  Hazel Burns Hospice

  •  Heart House Hospice

  •  Hospice Toronto

  •  Hospice Dufferin

  • Ian Anderson Hospice

  • Kay Blair Hospice

  • Niagara-on-the-Lake Community Palliative Care Services

  • Rohan Pais Trust

  • St. Peter's Hospital

  • Trillium Health Partners Foundation

  • VON Durham Hospice

  • Unity Health Toronto

2011-2018 Investments

  •  Acclaim Health

  •  Algoma Residential Community     Hospice

  •  Alliance Hospice

  •  Bethell Hospice

  •  Better Living Charitable Foundation

  •  The Bridge Hospice

  •  Caregiving Matters

  •  Carpenter Hospice

  •  Casey House

  •  Chip Charitable Services

  •  Circle of Home Care Services

  •  Credit Valley Hospital Foundation

  •  Darling Home for Kids

  •  Doane House Hospice

  •  Dorothy Ley Hospice

  •  Evergreen Hospice

  •  Hazel Burns Hospice

  •  Healing with Smiles

  •  Heart House Hospice

  •  Hospice Dufferin

  •  Hospice Georgian Triangle 

  •  Hospice Kawartha Lakes

  •  Hospice North Hastings

  •  Hospice Thornhill

  •  Hospice Toronto

  •  Hospice of Waterloo Region

  •  Hospice Peterborough

  •  Hospice Palliative Care Ontario

  •  Hospice Prince Edward

  •  Hospice Renfrew

  •  Hospice Wellington

  •  Ian Anderson House

  •  Jewish Family and Child Service of   Greater Toronto

  •  Kensington Hospice

  •  Lisaard House

  •  Losing Our Parents 

  •  Maison Vale Hospice

  •  Markham Stouffville Hospital   Foundation

  •  Matthews House Hospice

  •  Mount Pleasant Group for Better   Living

  •  Near North Palliative Care Network 

  •  Niagara-on-the-Lake Community   Palliative Care

  •  Norfolk General Hospital   Foundation

  •  North Perth Hospice

  •  Northumberland Hills Hospital   Foundation

  •  ​Oakville Hospital Foundation

  •  Order of St. Lazarus

  •  Ottawa Hospice Services

  •  Outcare Foundation

  •  Perram House

  •  Philip Aziz Centre / Emily's House

  •  PCU at St. Michael's Hospital

  •  Roger's House

  •  Sakura House - VON Oxford

  •  Scarborough

  •  Southlake Regional Health Centre   Foundation 

  •  South Huron Hospital Foundation

  •  St. Joseph's Lifecare Foundation 

  •  St. Michael's Hospital

  •  Stedman Community Hospice

  •  Team Hospice Dufferin

  •  Toronto Grace Health Centre

  •  Toronto Commandery Hospice

  •  Townsend Smith Foundation

  •  Trillium Health Partners

  •   VON Durham Hospice

2005-2011 Investments

During its first six years, the Foundation focused on raising funds to fulfill a $1,000,000 pledge to the palliative care unit at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga. The pledge was completed in 2011 and the unit is named in the Foundation’s honour.

During its first six years, the Foundation focused on raising funds to fulfill a $1,000,000 pledge to the palliative care unit at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga. The pledge was completed in 2011 and the unit is named in the Foundation’s honour.